Some of people gave 2016 the title of the “worst year”. As a few bad things happened and the deaths of some famous personalities added the fuel to that. But as far as we talked about bad happenings there were a lot of good news that we heard in 2016. People of Pakistan really need to understand the fact that it’s not about the digits and year. Everything has to happen on its due time. Nor one second earlier neither one second late. It’s all about reasoning. The reason to happen an event, and the day Pakistani people got that thing they definitely will never judge the figures of the year and avoid to give the title like “worst year” or “manhoos tareen saal” (unfortunate year). Take a look to see the leads stories which create a hype and attract the audience.
1) In January TTP attacked Bacha Khan University Charsada which was a sad incident and put a question to government of Pakistan about educational security.
2) In July Abdul Sitar Edhi “The father of nation” a real hero died. Abdul Sitar Edhi portray the positive image of Pakistan in front of the world.
3) In May panama paper leaked, which revealed many faces who made their offshore companies. People from many countries like China, America and India were included. Pakistani political leaders were also part of that list.
4) In June Sufi singer and Qawal Amjad Ali Sabri died, that turn to break the hearts of many people who loved him.
4) Terrorist attack on lawyers in civil hospital Quetta, killed at least 70 innocent lives.
5) In August, MQM disown its leader Altaf Hussain.
6) In November, General Raheel Sharif hold over the command of Army to General Qamar Bajwa.
7) In October Pakistan National Assembly and senate passed law against honor killing.
8) In March, Mumtaz Qadri, killer of ex-governor Punjab hanged. Now recently news break that a shrine is under construction on the grave of Mumtaz Qadri.
9) In 2016, we got our first transgender model which was a good sign.
10) Coke Studio season 9 song “Afreen Afreen” got viral and Momina Mustehsan became the crush of many boys.
11) Sharmeen Obaid Chinao got her 2nd Oscar Award, which was a great success.
12) The picture of good looking “Chai Wala” got viral and he earned so much fame. He also got many awards like face of the year Award.
13) The murder of Qandeel Baloach by her brother was also a big news this year.
14) The video of sheikh Rasheed’s escape and reached to join the protest to fulfill his promise got viral in social media.
15) The marriage of famous couple Urwa Hocane and Farhan Saeed was a good news to hear at the end of 2016.
16) Our ex-President Asif Ali Zardari return to Pakistan after 18 months.
17) In December PIA plan-661 crashed and became the source of death of many people including Famous religious scholar Junaid Jamshed, which was a great loss to nation.
18) The launch of Uber was a grand success in transport system of Pakistan.
19) The merger of two big telecom networks Jazz and Warid also happened in 2016.
20) The Axact scandal also disclosed in 2016, and CEO of Axact got free from this scandal.
21) 27 Pakistani movies released this year and “Actor in Law” was the biggest hit by earning 23.5 crore.
22) Coke Studio song “Tajdar-e-Haram” completed 50M views and Afreen Afreen got 30M views.
23) Cybercrime bill resolution passed in parliament of Pakistan which was a great gesture.
24) Karachi Stock exchange is in top 5 stock exchange in the world for 2016 (Source: Bloomberg).
Happy New Year 🙂