“There was a time, when war was fought in battle field with weapons, now war is fought in the field of sports with passion and courage” 2016 is going to be end and Pakistan managed to get some successive chunks in this year. Now take a look to some important detail of the events that got the real audience and created hype all around in the world of sports and games.
1) In January 2016, Pakistani left arm fast bowler Muhammad Amir, returned to international cricket and represented Pakistan after 5 years.
2) Pakistan super league began in February in UAE and it was a big success for PCB. As they featured both national and international players. Islamabad United won PSL.
3) Pakistani team got 1st rank in test format that was no doubt a great achievement by Pakistani cricket team this year.
4) The pushups by Misbah-ul-Haq by scoring a century in test match at the age of 42 as a gratitude gesture to army trainers for their training. These pushups series went viral.
— Tribune Sports (@ETribuneSports) 29 October 2016
5) In 2016 Pakistan got a real talented guy named Baber Azam who hit three back to back centuries against West Indies and became the third Pakistani cricketer who achieve this milestone.
6) Our first ever international boxing champion Muhammad Waseem defended his belt and made Pakistan proud to be a nation who is playing a productive role in sports and games.
7) Haider Ali was the only Pakistani who won medal at Rio Olympic.
8) Mr.Waqas Tariq, a bodybuilder won a silver medal in 80 Kg 8th world bodybuilding championship 2016 which was held in Thailand
Written by: Ayesha Maqbool